Owning a business offers an opportunity to venture into a passion and make a living off of it. However, the road to success isn’t always an easy one for many business owners – it might be years until you see a return on your investment. Still, if you triple the value of your business over three years, your ROI can be nearly 44%, according to Start on Purpose.
No matter where you are in the process of building your business, hitting a plateau in your revenue can be discouraging. Affiliate marketing is worth consideration, as it can offer an income stream, drive traffic to your website and boost your brand reputation.
What is online affiliate marketing? It’s when you form a partnership with another business that will pay you commissions for generated referral-based sales. For example, you can place your referral link in your blog or across your social media accounts, and as long as your readers follow through with a sale after clicking the link, you make money.
But is affiliate marketing legit? I know, it sounds too good to be true. But you can make serious money as long as you put forth the effort. Read on to learn about affiliate marketing pros and cons, how to avoid affiliate marketing scams, and moves to take if you’re ready to commit.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons
Affiliate marketing can be one of the easiest ways to earn passive income without leaving your home, but some challenges come with it. Here are some of the pros and cons of affiliate marketing to consider as you make business decisions:
- Low cost for entry. A legitimate affiliate program will not require any investment costs. It all depends on the amount of effort you put into it. If you want a legit website, you have to purchase a domain. You may also want to work with a designer or a blogger for top-notch content that makes you a trusted, well-established brand. However, these moves are all optional.
- No experience is required. You don’t have to have a degree in marketing to become an affiliate marketer. As long as you understand how to be a trustworthy thought leader that your audience confides in, you can make sales. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t get discouraged if the first few weeks as an affiliate seem slow.
- Job flexibility, independence, and convenience. Affiliate marketing allows you to be your boss. This job comes with another level of flexibility, freedom, and unmatched comfort. You decide where, when, and how you work. It’s all about self-sufficiency. As long as you put in the work (and have a strong internet connection), you can be a successful affiliate marketer from wherever you want, whenever you want.
- An additional source of income! Of course, one of the most significant benefits of affiliate marketing is gaining passive income. This means you could technically earn money while you sleep. This additional source of income can be what you need to get your new business off the ground or feel more financially secure over time.
- Money isn’t guaranteed. Making money is a positive part of affiliate marketing, but you’re not guaranteed to make a profit. You should go into affiliate marketing with the idea that it’s simply extra income. If you quit your job to start affiliate marketing, you may find that you’ve bitten off more than you can chew.
- The lifestyle may not be for you. Freelancing offers excellent flexibility, but the work style isn’t for everyone. If you need to be surrounded by others during the day and prefer to work at an office desk near your peers, full-time affiliate marketing may not be the right choice.
How to Avoid Affiliate Marketing Scams
When something sounds way too good to be true, it’s essential to recognize that sometimes that is the case. So when offered an opportunity, you should keep your guard up until proven wrong. Here are some of my tips for avoiding affiliate marketing scams:
- Always do your research. Google is a trusted tool for finding reputable websites. If an affiliate marketing program has been caught up in a scam before, you’ll likely find it.
- Get a clear understanding of the commission rate. Don’t agree to become an affiliate until you understand the terms of your agreement and your commission rate.
- Ask for a free trial. If the affiliate company wants you to market a specific product or service, you deserve a free trial to test it out. When you have first-hand experience with the product, you can provide greater feedback and boost your brand reputation.
- Seek strong customer support. If you have questions about the affiliate program and you reach out to the customer service team for help, you should receive a legitimate response within a reasonable time.
Is Affiliate Marketing Worth It?
Affiliate marketing can be complex, but it’s worth it. As a Builderall affiliate, I’ve made more than $50,000 so far! The program makes it so that it creates an extra revenue stream so you can feel confident about making money without moving a finger.
If you’re interested in affiliate marketing, but you just don’t know where to start, consider my Rapid Profit Machine. This tool uses technology that simplifies all of the complicated stuff involved with affiliate marketing so you can focus your energy on promoting your links and getting traffic to your site.
Once the tool is ready, you’ll start making money online effortlessly. The Rapid Profit Machine uses an automated business setup, so you don’t have to maintain your links or emails. All you have to do is sign up for this free tool and get your cash payment in record time.
Are you ready to get started? Contact me today for more information.